Road, on the other side of Coppetts Road, was marked out by 1907/8, but it developed only slowly as the market appears to have been pretering out by this time. Even housing would not solve all the Company's problems.
During the 1914-18 War the Dairy had difficulty in obtaining labour, so in 1916 the North London milk rounds were amalgamated with Emerton & Sons Ltd, who served the same area. In 1920, about twenty shops were sold to the United Dairies Ltd, in return for shares, but Friern Manor Dairies still retained ten shops in the City of London. They tried to diversify into ice-cream, supplying the cinemas of South