The layout of Tollington Boys' School in 1928.


Dr F.W.M.Draper
Headmaster

A cartoon from the Bazaar programme

 

In 1910 Campbell Brown set up a parallel Girls' School at the corner of Collingwood and Grand Avenues. It began with 50 pupils and three assistant mistresses, but it soon became a most popular school and numbers grew quickly. Today the building houses Tetherdown Primary School and has been enlarged and the Secondary Girls go to Fortismere School on the old Tollington Boys School site.


Tollington Girls' School

60

Page 59
Page 61