A separate set of accounts, in a different book, show:
'The Accounts of Mr Nathaniel King and Mr George Sharkey, churchwardens for the year. It is interesting to see what was spent.
Unfortunately the 1714 accounts are missing [folio 81]. The 1715 accounts [folio 82] show that they are still paying for polecats (four in the year) 5s 6d for a new bell rope and £1 5s 0d for a new bell wheel and hanging the bell, but there is no mention of the Almshouse, or building materials.
The Polecat, Proto Tebbitus
From a reference to Thomas as the vicar, we know that a church was in existence on Paddington Green in 1324, but there may have been earlier ones. This building was demolished in 1678, after a new one had been erected in 1675. Hogarth married Jane Thornhill in this building in 1729.
In 1788 an Act of Parliament for a new church was passed as the old one was too small. This was demolished in 1788 and the present St. Mary's Church was opened in 1791, at a cost more than £6,200. Progress in collecting this sum was slow, but achieved in the end. Mrs Siddons was buried in the churchyard in 1831.