Another view was drawn from the north, with the village stocks just outside the church-yard wall and beside them yet another pond. The barn has a splendid catslide roof over a barn at one side and perhaps a chicken shed on the other It would have been in the Parsonage Farm, shown on the 1742 map. Today it is the site of Parson's House tower block and the pond was in what are now the grounds of City of Westminster College.
The Charity Lands
Various pieces of land had been given over the years for the benefit of the Poor by different people, often in their wills. The records and details of these different charities are hard to disentangle A 'benefaction of five pounds per annum’, given by Mrs. Margaret Robinson, for the apprenticing poor children, had been 'lost'. Small gifts of land had been incorporated quietly into other land and, when W. Robbins was trying to unravel the history as far back as 1853, he found people curiously reluctant to speak. Many skeletons had been buried, so we have no hope of clarifying the position now. However, one story is worth retelling. It concerns the 'Bread and Cheese Lands'
The London Magazine for December 1737 wrote:-